Background: Branding in the field of healthcare services leads to transparency and utility in the type of services, differentiation of services in the minds of patients, and their trust in health centers. Therefore, the present study aimed to provide a branding model in the field of healthcare services.
Methods: A mixed-method approach was utilized to develop a branding model for providing healthcare services. The study population for the qualitative phase included 20 academic and organizational experts using snowball sampling and the Delphi technique. For the quantitative phase, 830 people who were referred to health centers were selected as service recipients, and 415 medical staff were selected as health care providers. The validity of the questionnaire was confirmed by face, content, and structural validity; moreover, its reliability was confirmed by Cronbach's alpha of 0.96. Quantitative data were presented by EQS software (version 6.1) with confirmatory factor analysis and structural equations.
Results: According to the results of factor structure and measurement equivalence, the branding of healthcare services had six main themes of competitive position, brand equity, brand accessibility, brand consolidation in the minds of clients and the market, branding strategies, and consumer-brand relationship with 19 sub-themes for clients and providers (Comparative fit index=0.9, Tucker Lewis index=0.8, Root mean square error of approximation=0.085, Root mean square error=0.049). Moreover, the items had a good fit and internal consistency at significant levels (P<0.05).
Conclusion: According to the results, six main themes of competitive position, brand equity, brand accessibility, brand consolidation in the minds of clients and the market, branding strategies, and consumer-brand relationship with 19 sub-themes can be used in the field of health services branding.
- Zhang P MQ. Marketing to Develop the Premier Medical Brand in the Huaihai Economic Zone. Cell Biochem. Biophys. 2015;72:371–4. doi: 10.1007/s12013-014-0470-y. [PubMed: 25543331].
- Kimpakorn N TG. Service brand equity and employee brand commitment. J. Serv. Mark. 2010;24(5):378- 88. doi: 10.1108/08876041011060486
- Kalajian.m. Employer Brand Framework for ICT B2B Multinationals Case Study: Ericsson AB. Sweden: Stockholm; 2011.
- JJ EJF. Driving brand equity in health services organizations: the need for an expanded view of branding. BMC Health Serv. Res. 2018;18. doi: 10.1186/s12913-018-3679-4. [PubMed: 30545362].
- Chaudhuri AH, M. B. The chain of effects from brand trust and brand affect to brand brand loyalty. J Mark. 2013;65(2):81-93. doi: 10.1509/jmkg.18.104.22.16855.
- Sirisha B BMK. Branding of hospitals – through tangible factors by selected hospitals. Excel int. j. multidiscip. manag. stud. 2014;4(3):227-37.
- Teika Odoom Priscilla NBRO. Healthcare branding: Insights from Africa into health service customers’ repeat patronage intentions. Int J Healthc Manag. 2019. doi: 10.1080/20479700.2019.1688503
- Kaynak E GsG, Tatoglu E. An integrative framework Linking brand Associations and brand loyalty in professional Sports. J. Brand. Manag. 2014:336-57. doi: 10.1057/palgrave.bm.2550117
- Kemp E JRK, Becerra E. Healthcare branding: developing emotionally based consumer brand relationships. J Serv Market. 2014;28:126–37. doi: 10.1108/JSM-08-2012-0157
- Baştuğ Sedat ŞGD, Gulmez Secil. An application of brand personality dimensions to container ports: A place branding perspective. J Transp Geogr. 2020;82. doi: 10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2019.102552
- Dumont Guillaume OM. Social dynamics and stakeholder relationships in personal branding. J Bus Res. 2020;106 118–28. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.09.013
- Martey EM FJ. The impact of celebrities’ endorsement on brand positioning on mobile telecommunication users in the Eastern Region of Ghana. Int. j. educ. res. 2014;3(7):397-412.
- Coleman D DCL, Christodoulides G. B2B service brand identity: scale development and validation. Ind Market Manag. 2014;40 (7):1063-71. doi: 10.1016/j.indmarman.2011.09.010
- Tinsley H E A BSD. Handbook of Applied Multivariate Statistics and Mathematical Modeling. Academic Press. 2000.
- Olsen SHB. Service branding: the development of a typology of service brands at the corporate level. Probl. Perspect. Manag. 2015;13(4).
- Evans W D BJ, Vallone D, Post S, Wendy N. Systematic review of health branding: growth of a promising practice. Transl Behav Med. 2015;5(1):24–36.
- J B. Does brand differentiate pharmaceuticals? Neuro Enocrinol. Lett. 2005;26:635-52. [PubMed: 16380705].
- Ahmad N S MR, Harris M, Harun M. The Impact of Social Media Content Marketing (SMCM) towards Brand Health. Procedia Economic and Finance. 2016;37:331-6. doi: 10.1016/S2212-5671(16)30133-2.
- Achar G NV, Nagendra V. Assessment of Brand Identity of Suchirayu Hospital. Int. J. Appl. Manag. Sci. 2016;2(10):9-13.
- Rong Huang ES. How brand awareness relates to market outcome, brand equity, and the marketing mix. J. Bus. Res. 2012;65 92–9. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-0277-4_8
- M CHB. Significant components of service brand equity in healthcare sector. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2012;25(4):343-62. doi: 10.1108/09526861211221518. [PubMed: 22755484].
- Kim KH KK, Kim DY, Kim JH, Kang SH. Brand quity in hospital marketing. J Bus Res. 2008;61(1): 75-82. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.05.010
- A P. Branding In Health Marketing. Economic Sciences. 2011;4(53):65-73.
- Adhikari R SP, Sharma J R, Bahadur Chand. New forms of development: branding innovative ideas and bidding for foreign aid in the maternal and child health service in Nepal. Glob. Health. 2018;14(33):1-12. doi: 10.1186/s12992-018-0350-0 . [PubMed: 29587775].
- Esch F-R SB, Redler J, Tobias Langner. The Brand Anchoring Effect: A Judgment Bias Resulting from Brand Awareness and Temporary Accessibility. Psychol. Mark. 2009;26(4):383–95. doi: 10.1002/mar.20278
- Chen Shih-Fen S LC-YE. The coincidence of private branding and foreign sourcing: Is there a causality direction? . J Bus Res. 2020;108 268–76. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.10.032
- Chu F-Y, Dai, Y-X., Liu, J-Y., Chen, T-J., Chou, L-F., Hwang, Shn-J. A Doctor’s Name as a Brand: A Nationwide Survey on Registered Clinic Names in Taiwan. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2018;15. doi: 10.3390/ijerph15061134 . [PubMed: 29857574].
- Toscano A B GL. Hospital Branding as a strategy for differentiation: Does Hospital Branding Leverages Hospital Units in the Portuguese Market? Inês Mendonça. 2018.
- PJ H. Crafting your scientist brand. PLOS Biol. 2018;16. doi: 10.1371/journal.pbio.3000024 . [PubMed: 30289876].
- KEVIN I. N. IBEH YL, KEITH DINNIE. E-branding strategies of internet companies: Some preliminary insights from the UK. J. Brand. Manag. 2005;12(5):355–73. doi: 10.1057/palgrave.bm.2540231.
- Hugo S. Service Branding: Suggesting and Discussing Four Perspectives Influencing a Value-Creating Service Brand at the Company Level. Probl. Perspect. Manag. 2017;13:53-62. doi: 10.5772/intechopen.69636